June 5th doesn’t need to remind us, “It’s Environment Day Dude”. It’s our responsibility to remember and conserve nature for our future generation. People around us might not bother much about environment , you might be worrying why they don’t care about it. Even some don’t realize neglecting environment is going to cause a big disaster. Yet they feel when there is a problem like Tsunami, Earthquake, Scorching sun. They blame the nature for not protecting them, really we human beings are thriving on this earth by destroying nature. All those disasters are revenge people. You don’t realize it. We don’t conserve nature also we don’t reap any benefit from it. If you care for nature please do spread the message instead of educating adults educate students (children). We can also educate adults on conserving not by asking them to plant trees, create forest or water plants. Those might be tedious for them yet they can follow simpler things in their home to contribute to our Mother Nature. Continue reading
Earth Hour on March 26th, 2011 in between 8.30pm and 9.30pm is talk of the world now. It’s not a cause to ponder upon, it’s the need of the future. We need to be in an hour of darkness to enlighten the future. Essence of earth hour is to reduce CO2 emission, conservation of energy, spreading the words of renewable energy and many. It’s a all about energy now we need synergy to accomplish the mission.
Energy the need of the day, when we switch off the light for an hour we are not going to die, its today’s loss for tomorrows gain.
What we have to do on the day??
On March 26th, 2011 from 8.30pm to 9.30pm switch off the lights (equipments, machines, electronic devices which consumes electricity). You need to sacrifice an hour spending your night in candle light. If you have any other idea like spending the hour in a different way intimate this to people who co-ordinate the earth hour.
Apart from participating in the event we can conserve energy in daily routine life, I remember some points read in an article before two years.
1) Switch off all the appliances when it’s not in use.
2) Keep you AC in 24 degree Celsius which is the optimum mode. Put it in sleep during night times.
3) Always buy appliances which has 5 start energy rating.
4) If you work in the next street don’t take your car or bike. Have a brisk walk which energizes you and conserves energy.
5) Use CFL bulbs instead of normal luminescent bulbs.
6) Plant trees and maintain indoors plants to reduce the CO2 level in your workplace or at home.
7) This one is the last but not the least ” Spread the word about Earth hour with the ways to conserve energy to everyone you meet”
Please check this article for more details on Energy Conservation http://www.ecomall.com/greenshopping/20things.htm