People hunt jobs all the time, experienced people look out for change and freshers hunt to start their career. After all the campus drives got dried up, students who didn’t get through the Campus or students who are not interested with the campus placements will get into the open job market.
Open job market has wide variety of jobs and there are certain key things need to be noted when you search for the job. In open job market, B.E graduates might get call for a BPO Job/Tech Support Job/Marketing. This has to be noted down. Its time to handle all the calls and to choose the right job for us.
If you want to avoid certain jobs what you have to do,
1) Be more specific in the job you are looking for, write up the same thing in the as your expectatioin in the introduction headline of Naukri.
2) If you are not interested with the job opening, don’t show attitude towards the recruiter. Its always better to maintain a good rapport with the recruiter, since you might need his help at some other occasion.
3) In Naukri or Monster , you have column called skills. It refers to the specific skills that you have as a graduate or a person. Be clear in that zone and put the specific skills. For example, I am a IT recruiter. So my skills would be :- IT recruitment.
4) Prepare resume according to your preferred job.
Always prefer the job which suits your interest and character. Now, we will move in to tackling the Open Job Market.
Open job market always have huge supply with limited demand. So there are precautions you need to take care in order to succeed.
Lets get into a walk in,
1) In walkins, you need to be there on time even if the company is delaying. Walkins are attended by too many people ( More than 20+) In my personal experience when we put a walkin for Engineering graduates we had around 1000+ gradutes walked into the venue, so we collected the resume and sent the candidates back after that we gave them a call and conducted the test batch wise. All the companies may not follow the same process, it depends upon the time. Rush yourself to the venue on or before the time and submit your resume to have a happy interview.
2) Even though, it’s a walkin you must study about the company that play a key role in selection. Since people get information through a friends even with any knowledge about the company they simply walkin.
3) Show decorum and decency even if you are in a crowd of 1000+. Your attitude towards attending the interview matter a lot.
4) When you are appearing for an interview among the crowd, you will have to face atleast 3 – 5 rounds of interview. So, keep yourself free for around 3 – 7 days.
5) Browse through all the basic subjects since you are a fresher.
6) Show pateince because there would only small group will be available to handle 1000+ people.
7) If it’s a scheduled interview, its your luck. You will have time to impress the interviewer. In case of walkin you will have limited time to impress the interviewer. Be crisp and clear while you answer the question.
8)Show consistent performance in all the rounds.
9) In walkins, you will certainly have intial screening round like written test, Group Discussion and Technical test. Prepare yourself to clear the intial rounds.
10) After clearing the intial rounds you will specific technical rounds. Hence browse through all the basic stuffs related to the job profile.
If you take care of all these things you will be certainly one among the thousands who will walkin into the company after the interview.
Rock on friends!!