Human resources are inevitable for an organization, this is my constant saying in all the interviews when they question me, Why did you chose Human Resources Management as your career?. A human being is dependent on another individual right from his/her birth. You cannot say you are independent. There are many things to be learned from an war which ended the history of LTTE. The most talk of the world is Sri Lankan war, I was going through the book “How Sri Lankan army won?.” written by Nitin Gokhale (NDTV News Reporter). Mr. Gokhale have explained about the war clearly in 207 pages. There are some lesson to be learned from the success strategy followed by the Sri Lankan’s and also from the failure of the LTTE.
Right from the first page, Nitin Gokhale explained the history of war and its results. Now I am not going to take you to the history of the war, but I would like to give out the crisp idea from the war, to elucidate the importance of HR’s in an organization.
There are many things happening in the HR department, they are responsible for Recruitment, Selection, Induction, Orientation, Training, Payroll, Industrial relation and others. When we take the scenario of Sri Lanka, in the fourth tamil eelam war. Sri Lankan army are all set to defeat LTTE.
The smartest move did by former Sri Lanka Army General Sarath Fonseka was to unite Army, Airforce and Navy. This unity was not there when they fought against LTTE in first three eelam wars.
- From this we need to understand as a HR we need to bridge all the people who ever is working in an Organization. Don’t separate anyone as a department. Give them a friendly environment and make them glued together.
- There are some occasions where you have to sit with your employee and ask about his problems and also solve the issues. Don’t believe in anyone’s word and sack them immediately. Another thing is that having the wrong person right job also reduces the productivity. Solve the grievance right on the time and take time to decide about the grievance.
- We need to understand that succession planning plays a major role in the organization. Also training has to be given at the prompt time which ensure outstanding productivity. An organization has to emphasize more on Training and also on Succession Planning.
- In an organization, team work plays a major role. Competition in between teams helps to achieve the target and productivity. Companies has to motivate and encourage team performance and team building. A constructive team will help the organization to reach peaks.
- Recruitment is the most important which an organization should take care of. Hiring right person at the right time will certainly help the organization. So don’t be lethargic while you recruit people. Also ensure that you recruit the right person.